Saturday, February 27, 2016

Project 2

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why? 
  • Phillip Guston's, oil on canvas piece, Voyage, 1956, was a piece that mad an impression on me.  I liked the mixture of pastel and dark colors used in this piece.  I also really liked how you can see the texture in this piece.  
  • Rene Magritte's piece, La Voix des airs, 1928, also made a big impression on me.  I personally really enjoy black and white, those are the colors of my room, so I was interested in this one because of the darkness in the piece and the floating spheres.  

B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why?
  • I felt like I connected with Giacomo Balla's piece, Dinamismo di un Cane al Gunizaglio, 1912, because I could tell what the picture was of.  You can see thew black dog and black clothe of possibly a dress or skirt.  Compared to many pieces this one was easier to figure out what it was of.  Also, I really love dogs so I enjoyed that piece for this reason too. 
  • I also connected with Jackson Pollock's piece, Convergence 1952, because I like this art the most because I don't understand whats going on with it.  It looks like splatter paint to me and when I was younger I would create art like this all the time in my basement with my two friends.  

C.) Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why?
  • I would like to know more about George Wesley Bellow's piece, Elinor, Jean and Anna, 1920, mostly because I don't know who these people are in relation to the artist so I'd like to know who these people are and why the artist decided to create them for his piece.
  • I would also like to know what inspired the artist, Der Racher, of The Avenger, 1914.  I really liked the metal used in this sculpture but would like to know more about the story behind it.  





1 comment:

  1. Juliane,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I liked how you picked paintings that featured color for ones that made an impression on you, how certain works made you want to learn more about the work and the artist and especially how you found works that made you think of your personal likes and memories. I didn't look at the question about a connection in that same way and wish I did.

    ReplyDelete