Saturday, February 13, 2016

1. Describe Color and it's effects on emotions. Use the appropriate vocabulary of color in your posting.
Color can have different effects on emotions and it varys between people.  Most people when they think of red they think of evil or anger but me I think anger but I think roses first.  Its funny how if you just change the hue of a certain color slightly it can give someone different emotions.  For example if its more of a red-orange color then I wouldn't think evil at all. My room has a color scheme of light grey, black, white and silver because those colors make me feel relaxed.  
2. What is a theoretical aspect of color that most intrigues/fascinates you? Why?

I think the most fascinating thing about color is how many different colors there are and how these colors effect us daily.  To someone a color may make them happy but to someone else a color can bring back tragic things that have happened in their life.  Its crazy how something as simple as a color can effect someone so much, like color seems like such a  simple concept to us but we don't realize how much power it can have.  
3. In the Color video, what made the biggest impact on you in regards to color and it's effects on emotions?

I didn't realize how much color could effect someone so much.  She doesn't feel like her art conveys the right mood at some points and she gets very emotional.  I didn't realize how much color could effect the artist especially during the process of creating it and how stressful finding the perfect color can be.  
4. In the Feelings video, what made the biggest impact on you in regards to color and it's effects on emotions?

When looking at art I try seeing what the artist felt when creating their piece.  I try looking at colors and seeing if they're dark or bright to try understand the mood behind it.  Now that I know better how color effects people differently its more interesting look at paintings and the possible emotions your suppose to feel.   

No comments:

Post a Comment