Thursday, April 21, 2016

Module 12

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I picked Andy Warhol; Images of an image, because I always was very interested in Andy Warhol which I expressed during the first week of this course.  I also learned about his work during middle/high school.  I also picked the video about abstract expressionism and pop art in the 50's &60's because when I visited the Albright Knox gallery I loved the abstract art they displayed and has been something I've always been interested in.  
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Andy Warhol:
  • Never wanted to be an artist
  • Became a commercial artist (Campbell's soup)
  • Repetition of images
  • Silk screen
  • Pop Art
  • Interested in celebrities 
  • Made Films
Abstract Expressionism and Pop Art: 50's & 60's:
  • American and European mixture
  • Color sparks imagination
  • Figurative
  • Contrast
  • Shows emotions
  • Cartoon art
  • Silk screen making repetition easier 

2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
They provide more information about different concepts that we have read about and provide more information.  
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
These videos help elaborate on information I already knew and provides me with more information.  Seeing more visuals helps me understand the concept's better.  The Warhol video I was very interested in because of the narrator's voice, but the second video was much harder because of the narrator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment