Sunday, April 10, 2016

 Black man sticking his tongue out: This mask has color shown, a smooth texture, line shown throughout the mask on the skin,  and shape shown in the eyes and teeth, the mask also looks like it is symmetrical which shows balance and unity.  I choose this piece because I liked the cut outs.  

China Supay half-mask from Bolivia:This mask show plenty of different colors, balance because the mask shows symmetry, pattern in the squiggly lines shown on the mask which also shows lines, shapes shown in the eyes, texture seems smooth and also fur around the eyes.  I choose this piece because I liked the 3-D effect of it and the colors used.  

Rich masquerade in the AndesThis mask shows color throughout as well as line throughout the whole piece, their is balance and unity in the piece, I can't see texture very well, there is also pattern and repetition which is shown in the bottom half of the piece, there is also many shapes shown in this piece which can be seen by the huge heart in the middle.  I choose this piece because of the use of colors and patterns throughout the piece; it is very interesting.  

  • I will use color throughout my mask, texture with glitter and gems and bow, shapes shown by the gems, line by the curve in the bottom of the mask and in the lightning bolt
  • I thought this was a very inspiring project and I liked how my piece turned out.  The main elements I wanted to show in my piece were color and texture which I think my piece expresses well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment