Saturday, April 2, 2016

Exploring Line


1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
I didn't mind using my hand as a subject matter; it was actually quite interesting noticing all the lines you have in your skin.  I think drawing body parts are extremely interesting and hard. 

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose a pencil because I am more familiar with this media so I felt more comfortable completing the task with it.  Also, I find it less messy.  

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It was extremely hard and even kind of embarrassing trying to draw with my left hand.  I am no artist as shown by my dominant hand drawing but the left one is horrible.  It was hard for me to use the pencil and create things proportionately.  

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I think for the most part my drawings came out decent and the study was successful.  My dominant hand drawing has more proportion to it and looks more like a lanky hand but a hand.  My non-dominant hand drawing is fatter and not as much proportionate.  It was an interesting exercise to do and I learned more from it than I thought I would.  

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
I think I would try using it more to make it stronger and possibly another option for me but I don't think I would use it for future artwork.  


No comments:

Post a Comment